Pages

...

Saturday, December 31, 2011

homemade liquid handsoap

I love making things.  I guess I've always loved it.  When I made my own laundry detergent last week I was so excited!  I did finally use it, and no difference from my regular store bought detergent other than the price!  I've since added peppermint essential oil to the mix and it smells so good every time I unscrew the top!  I can't wait to go pull out my clothes from the dryer and shove my nose into the warm pile and inhale deeply!  Agh...serenity.


I was sharing this laundry detergent recipe with some ladies on Facebook and got a recipe to make my own liquid handsoap.  So...naturally, I finished my dinner and brewed up a batch.


I had this great smelling bar of soap that I had bought a month ago and thought it would be perfect for the job.  


It was so easy to make and I liked the results so much that I will probably be making my own handsoap from now on.  And let's face it...I was spending a small fortune on liquid handsoap.  I mean...I have bottles sitting next to all five sinks in my house! 




The Recipe:


Homemade Liquid Handsoap
From the Kitchen of:
Ingredients:
1 bar of soap
4 cups water
Recipe Instructions:
-Use a cheese grater to grate the bar of soap.
-While you do that, bring 4 cups of water to a boil.  Then add the grated soap to the pot and stir until all the soap is dissolved.
-The soap will be very runny while it's hot.  Allow it to cool and then check the consistency, if it's too thick you can add more water (I added almost 2 cups to mine, but the bar of soap was really hard and compact-I had to use some elbow grease to grate it!).  If you add more water, heat up the mixture and stir until the soap and water have mixed completely.
-When the mixture is completely cooled you can pour it into your favorite pump dispenser for use.

No comments:

Post a Comment